How to Enable/Disable USB Ports via Registry
Why people want to disable USB ports in computer?
There are many reasons to disable USB ports in computer like below.
- Keep your important data’s secure from outsiders.
- To safe your data from viruses.
I am posting this method to enable/disable USB ports in your computer.
Enable/Disable USB ports via Registry:
Step-1: Click on Start > Run option.
Step-2: Type regedit and press enter. This command will launch Registry Editor.
Step-3: Now navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\usbstor.
Step-4: On the right side of work area, double click on Start key.
Step-5: Enter 4 In the Value Data box and Click on OK. Now close the registry editor and refresh your desktop.
If you want to re-enable USB ports, enter 3 in the Value Data box in Step-5.
Now it’s your time to block USB ports in your computer. This method will disable all the devices connected to USP ports. So be cautious before using this option.
Get Free Blogging Tips & Technology updates in your Email !!!
Latest posts by Anil Kumar (see all)
- Top 3 Custom Sidebar WordPress Plugins for Post & Pages - October 17, 2015
- Bluehost Coupon Codes Up To 75% OFF – August 2015 - August 25, 2015
- Make Money Online: $50-$100 Daily with Affiliate Marketing - August 10, 2015