How to Submit Website to DMOZ Open Directory
Why to submit website to DMOZ open directory?
This question arises many times when someone says you should submit website in DMOZ open directory.
The answer of this question is:
There are many search engines like GOOGLE and AOL use websites index data from DMOZ open directory project. It is essential for websites owners to submit/suggest their website to get it indexed into DMOZ directory.
- Never submit a website that has obscene content and against the DMOZ guidelines.
- Do not use advertisement/promotional words and descriptions when filling the form for website submission. If you do the same, it will take longer time for review and there may be higher chance of getting your submission denied.
- There are millions of websites un-reviewed because of huge submission to DMOZ. It is suggested to submit your website only once. If you repeatedly submit your website then there will be a greater delay and a less chance of getting your website indexed in DMOZ.
Follow these 7 steps to submit your website to DMOZ directory.
Step-1: Open the DMOZ (http://dmoz.org) directory website
Step-2: Review the Categories
Evaluate the appropriate category for your blog or website from the following top-level categories. Here there are many top-level categories like Computers, Business, Arts, Games, Health, Home, News and many more.
Step-3: Choose a Subcategory
Now choose subcategories until you are at the lowest and relevant category. Here you can see the category and lowest level is:
- Top: Computers: Internet: On the Web: Weblogs: FAQs, Help, and Tutorials (12)
Step-4: Suggest URL
Click on suggest URL to submit your website in DMOZ as show in figure. Suggest URL option is available at the top of the web page.
Step-5: Read Guidelines and Rules
Read the DMOZ guidelines and rules carefully that are available on the website submission page.
Step-6: Fill out the Submission Form
Fill out the submission information carefully so that unnecessary submission denial can be avoided. Here you have to enter website URL, Website Title and a short and meaningful description.
Enter your e-mail address and user verification code from below mentioned picture.
Note: Don’t use fake or wrong e-mail address for website submission.
Step-7: Read Submission Agreement
Read the DMOZ Submission Agreement and if you are agree with it, Finally click on submit button for review your application.
Once you have submitted your website, Wait for the website to be indexed.
Get Free Blogging Tips & Technology updates in your Email !!!
- Top 8 Free Blog Directories to Get Huge Visitors
- How to Add Submit to Reddit Button in Blogger or Website
- 61 Social Bookmarking Websites to share your article
- How to submit your website to Google & Bing in One Click
- How to Hide Links using Free WordPress GoCodes
- How to Search Keywords using Google Keyword Planner
- How to Find Your Older Tweets on Twitter
- Best way to Increase your Website Ranking From Social Bookmarking Sites
- Top 14 Most Popular Social Bookmarking Website of Jul 2013
- How to Create a Free Blog – For Beginners
- How to Backup and Restore Blogger Template
- How to Embed YouTube Videos to Your Blog or Website
- High PR Websites to Check Plagiarism for Writing 100% Original Unique Content
- Top 100+ High PR Directory Submission Sites of 2014
- How to Check If a Comment Link is NoFollow or DoFollow?
- How to Lock or Unlock Widgets in Blogger
Latest posts by Anil Kumar (see all)
- Top 3 Custom Sidebar WordPress Plugins for Post & Pages - October 17, 2015
- Bluehost Coupon Codes Up To 75% OFF – August 2015 - August 25, 2015
- Make Money Online: $50-$100 Daily with Affiliate Marketing - August 10, 2015