How to Turn off Recent Items in Windows-7
Recent items are very popular list of recently used items in the computer. In my previous article you have seen how to turn on recent items in Windows-7.
In this article I am showing you how to turn off recent items in Windows-7.
Recent Items folder is located on following path:
Or (Type following path on Run and hit Enter)
Turn Off Recent Items
Step-1: Right click on the Start button, and click on Properties.
Step-2: Click on Start Menu tab and Uncheck the Store and display recently opened items in the Start menu and the taskbar box under Privacy option.
Step-3: Click on Customize option under Start Menu tab.
Step-4: Scroll down a little bit and Uncheck the Recent Items box as shown in following figure.
Step-5: click on OK.
Registry entry to turn on recent items in windows-7 [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced] "Start_TrackDocs"=dword:00000001
Step-6: Now delete registry entry if you have created from above script otherwise there is no need to delete registry entry.
- Copy the below mentioned code in notepad and save it as .reg file to the desktop.
- Let’s assume File Name is: Turn_Off_Recent_Items.reg
- Double click on Turn_Off_Recent_Items.reg file or Right click on the Turn_Off_Recent_Items.reg file and click on Merge option.
- It will ask you to Run the Turn_Off_Recent_Items.reg file.
- Now click on Run, Yes, Yes, and OK when prompted.
If you know any other method, please let us know in comment section. Your suggestions are appreciated.
Get Free Blogging Tips & Technology updates in your Email !!!
Latest posts by Anil Kumar (see all)
- Top 3 Custom Sidebar WordPress Plugins for Post & Pages - October 17, 2015
- Bluehost Coupon Codes Up To 75% OFF – August 2015 - August 25, 2015
- Make Money Online: $50-$100 Daily with Affiliate Marketing - August 10, 2015