5 Best Tips to Speed Up Your Website
Load time of any website is one of the most crucial factors which affect its usability. Most of the website owners and bloggers forget or fail to speed up their website. But it’s not as difficult as it sounds.
You can use these 5 tips to speed up your website drastically.
1). How to Reduce HTTP Requests
When users open your website every object (e.g. images, scripts) on the page requires a round trip to the server. If you add dozen of objects then HTTP request delay the response time of your website.
- Reduce the number of objects (e.g. images, scripts) on your website to avoid so much delay.
- Avoid using unnecessary images, styles if not required.
- Use single style sheet (e.g. style.css) rather than multiple style sheets (e.g. body.css, rsidebar.css, lsidebar.css, footer.css, etc).
2). Always Use Slash in Your Links
When you open a link in the form of “http://www.your-domain.com/contact-us” then the server takes so much time to figure out what kind of page or file is contained in that address.
If you use a slash (/) at the end of the link “http://www.your-domain.com/contact-us/” then the server already know that this is a directory page so it reduces the load time of the site.
3). Use Optimized Images for Your Article
This is also one of the most effective method to reduce load time and speed up your website.
We use many images to make our post better and more meaningful but forget them to optimize. Now it’s time to optimize your images using online image optimizer tools or using Photoshop type editing tool.
These tools reduce the size of your images.
4). Which Image Format to Choose
Choosing right format is also important to speed up your website. Generally it is recommended to use JPEG format for displaying a photo in your article and GIF for logos. PNG also works similar to GIF image but it supports more color than GIF image.
There are 3 image format widely used JPEG, PNG & GIF.
- You should use JPEG images for displaying a photo in your article or page.
- You should use GIF images for logos, text images, animated images and buttons.
- PNG was created to replace GIF images specifically for the internet purpose and it supports more than 256 colors whereas GIF supports only 256 colors.
5). Use Height and Width Tags in Your Image
This is very important factor which many people forget to consider while writing their articles.
When you decide height and width tags for your image, the browse knows the size of the image before loading. The result is that it speeds up your websites and entire page.
How to use these tags in your article?
<img alt=”Speed Up Your Website” src=”http://itbloggertips.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/180920131-Speed-Up-Your-Website.jpg” width=”588″ height=”330″ />
Now I hope you understood the 5 top processes to speed up the website.
Get Free Blogging Tips & Technology updates in your Email !!!
Latest posts by Anil Kumar (see all)
- Top 3 Custom Sidebar WordPress Plugins for Post & Pages - October 17, 2015
- Bluehost Coupon Codes Up To 75% OFF – August 2015 - August 25, 2015
- Make Money Online: $50-$100 Daily with Affiliate Marketing - August 10, 2015