How to enable POP or IMAP settings in Gmail Account?
What are POP and IMAP in Gmail?
POP and IMAP allows you to download email messages from Gmail’s servers onto your Desktop so you can access your mails with a program like Microsoft Outlook or Thunderbird, even when you aren’t connected to the Internet.
To read your Gmail messages from a client or device that supports POP, like Microsoft Outlook, you need to enable POP or IMAP settings in your Gmail Account.
Source: Definition from Gmail Help
How to enable POP or IMAP settings in Gmail account?
Follow below instructions to enable POP or IMAP settings in your Gmail Account:
Login to your Gmail account.
Click on the gear option in the top right of your Gmail account and select Settings option.
Now click on Forwarding and POP/IMAP option.
Select Enable POP for all mail or Enable POP for mail that arrives from now on.
- Enable POP for all mail – It means if you enable this option, the settings will be applied for existing and new email messages.
- Enable POP for mail that arrives from now on – In this case the settings will be applied for new email messages only.
Don’t forget to select Keep Gmail’s copy in the Inbox under when message are accessed with POP, if you want to store email messages on Gmail Server.
Click on Save Changes to complete the POP settings.
After applying Save Changes option, the radio button next to your selected option will not stay selected, Gmail will display the POP Status: POP is enabled.
If your POP settings are turned off, the status will be changed to POP is disabled.
Get Free Blogging Tips & Technology updates in your Email !!!
Latest posts by Anil Verma (see all)
- BlueHost Affiliate Program – Earn $65 Per Referral - August 2, 2015
- WP Engine Affiliate Program – Earn $200 Per Referral - August 1, 2015
- How to fill out BlueHost Affiliate Tax form for Non-US Residents - June 20, 2015