How to Re-Install GUI after .net Uninstallation on Windows Server 2012
Today I got an issue while working on Windows Server 2012. I uninstalled .Net framework from Windows Server 2012 and the un-installation was successful but due to .NET un-installation my Server’s GUI didn’t start.
I tried to start it but only command prompt showed me.
GUI is not working after un-installation of .Net framework on Windows Server 2012.
How to Re-Install GUI after .net Uninstallation on Windows Server 2012?
Start Windows Server 2012 and when command prompt shows, fire following commands sequentially.
1) DISM.exe /online /enable-feature /all /featurename:NetFx4
2) DISM.exe /online /enable-feature /all /featurename:MicrosoftWindowsPowerShell
Once both the commands run successful without any errors, restart the server by the following command:
Shutdown –r –t 0
Once the server is restarted, open powershell using below command:
Now enter the following command to complete GUI installation.
Install-WindowsFeature Server-Gui-Shell, Server-Gui-Mgmt-Infra
Once the GUI Shell is installed, you need to restart the server with the following command:
I hope this helps you to Re-Install GUI after .net Uninstallation on Windows Server 2012. If you are still getting the same issue, please feel free to write error in comment section.
We will try to help you to resolve your problem.
Get Free Blogging Tips & Technology updates in your Email !!!
Latest posts by Anil Kumar (see all)
- Top 3 Custom Sidebar WordPress Plugins for Post & Pages - October 17, 2015
- Bluehost Coupon Codes Up To 75% OFF – August 2015 - August 25, 2015
- Make Money Online: $50-$100 Daily with Affiliate Marketing - August 10, 2015